This day out sees you not only fly alongside a Spitfire but also the Hurricane. Flying from the ex-Royal Air Force base of Lashenden, now Headcorn airfield, you'll be joined by two legends
of the skies. This fly with a Spitfire and Hurricane experience allows you to get up close and personal with a pair of historic warbirds in the air and on the ground.
Headcorn Aerodrome, near Ashford, Kent
This dual fighter experience is all about the Spitfire and the Hurricane as they fly together - with you alongside! You will be flying in formation with these two iconic warbirds leading the way,
in the skies above Kent. Two flight durations are available, with flight paths over the coast or countryside, as you choose between Leeds Castle and Capel-le-Ferne with ‘The National Memorial
to the Few’.
You’ll be taking off from the airfield that was formerly RAF Lashenden. It's steeped in aviation history, having served as a World War One flight training school. In peacetime it became Shenley
Farm once more, before being made a strategic fighter base during the Second World War. From the Royal Canadian Air Force to the United States Air Force, various squadrons were based at Lashenden.
Nowadays it’s busy and popular for general aviation - especially on the days when the dual fighter experiences are taking place! Imagine the engine sounds of the Spitfire, Hurricane and your
de Havilland Devon firing into life, as you get ready for the most amazing aerial spectacle, with you right up there in the thick of it.
As you fly, the Hurricane and the Spitfire will be flying wing-to-wing with you. It has be to said, the Spitfire is often the ‘poster boy’ of classic aviation, but it was the workhorse Hurricane
that was the backbone of the Battle of Britain campaign for Fighter Command.
If taking photos is your passion you will be spoilt. As both fighters weave around, above and below you, it’s the perfect set-up to capture some amazing air-to-air images. You’ll have a super view
of the duo of warbird fighter planes from your seat, as each passenger has a window seat in the de Havilland Devon. And once back at base, there’s always time to take static snaps of the Spitfire
and Hurricane on the ground, so you can get all those lovely detailed, close-up shots too.
For classic aviation fans who love both the Hurricane and the Spitfire, this dual fighter experience is the ideal choice. Not only do you get to see these lovely aircraft up close out on the apron,
you’ll also be right up there next to them as you all fly together. You’re in for a stunning aerial adventure, either over Leeds Castle or the Battle of Britain Memorial on the
Who is suitable for this experience?
Height restrictions: Minimum 4ft 6ins, maximum height 6ft 4ins.
Maximum weight 18 stone.
Selected dates during the year.
Flights are subject to weather conditions.
Spectators are welcome, with excellent views of the runway and aircraft.
- Flight in a vintage RAF de Havilland Devon alongside the St George Spitfire and Battle of Britain Hurricane.
- Experience close formation, wing to wing with the Spitfire and Hurricane.
- Aircraft squadron prints of both aircraft which can be signed by the pilots.
- Ground viewing of the Spitfire and Hurricane with plenty of photo opportunities.
- Staff on hand to answer all your questions about the aircraft.
- Free museum entry.
- You will form part of a group of up to 8 participants for your flight, all with a window seat.
- Experiences generally last 3-4 hours.
Leeds Castle Tour
- 20 minute flight experience (10 minutes with the Spitfire/Hurricane).
- Spectacular views of Leeds Castle from the same air space in which the Battle of Britain was fought.
- 30 minute flight experience (20 minutes with the Spitfire/Hurricane).
- See the stunning Battle of Britain Memorial to the Few from the air.