Take a tour of the Biggin Hill Heritage Hangar, which featured on Inside the Spitfire Factory on More4, with this Spitfire factory tour.
You will get up close to a number of Spitfires and other vintage aircraft allowing you to see the restoration work being undertaken by the team at the Hangar. Book today
for a guided tour of a very unique hangar, home to a number of Spitfires.
Biggin Hill Airport, Kent
What makes this Spitfire tour unique is that it's a private viewing as the hangar isn't open to the general public. This is your chance to have a good look around this working hangar,
witness the everyday goings on, and see how the talented team works.
You'll be met by one of the Spitfire team on arrival and shown through reception. Somewhat innocuous from the outside, this place is a true treasure trove for aviation fans. As soon as
the door from the office area to the main hangar is opened the view will take your breath away.
What really stands out is that it is all so much more real and somehow interactive than your usual aircraft museum. This is where all the wonderful restoration work is done, where
many of the aircraft are housed after they've been certified airworthy and also where other privately owned examples of Spitfires are hangared.
You can get properly up close to these aircraft, but as it is a working environment you will be
accompanied on your Spitfire tour for your own safety - and also so your host can explain everything there is to know about these majestic winged residents.
There are toilets on site and tea, coffee and snacks are available to purchase.
Who is suitable for this experience?
The tours are suitable for all ages however under 18's must be accompanied by a participating adult.
One child under 12 years may accompany a paying adult on the tour but the tour is not recommended for young children.
All guests must hold a valid voucher.
Weekdays and weekends throughout the year.
Tours generally start at either 10:00 or 12:00.
Dates and session times are subject to availability.
All visitors to the hangar must be voucher holders and additional guests are not permitted.
- A tour of the Biggin Hill Heritage Hangar.
- See Spitfire restoration projects at various stages of completion.
- View the airworthy aircraft, usually including Spitfire, Hurricane, Harvard & Cub.
- Observe skilled engineers using traditional techniques and tools to restore the aircraft.
- Tours are led by a knowledgeable guide who will explain the history of each aircraft and answer any questions.
- Opportunity to take photographs of most aircraft.
- You will form part of a small group for this experience (generally 10 per guide).
- Please allow approximately an hour and a half for this experience.